This house has to be seen to be appreciated built to high standards and large proportions, this represents an ideal family home in Thailand and, offered at a very competitive price for a quick sale, an excellent investment for the future in a premium location.
Large 6/7 bedroom house for sale situated within world class 36 hole golf course between Cha Am and Hua Hin in Thailand.
The property is located alongside the second fairway of the East 18 hole course at Springfield Village Golf and Spa. This is a world acclaimed golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus, featuring two highly rated 18 hole courses, as well as a 5 star hotel and restaurants within the golf course complex. Visit www.springfieldresort.com for further details.
As well as appreciating panoramic views of the golf course itself, and the picturesque backdrop of rolling hills and natural beauty, the purchaser will also be granted membership of the club, and enjoy preferential green fees and reduced rates at the hotel and restaurants, as well as the nearby (12km) Springfield Beach Resort.
This represents a tremendous investment opportunity. Development of the construction of houses has been limited and, at present, there are no more than a handful of houses on the course, so peace and tranquility are assured within a safe environment, fully fenced and with regular security patrols. Inevitably prices will rise as the development gains pace, with several new starts imminent. The management has introduced controls to ensure that all new construction will be compatible with the surroundings. And that no disruption to the ambience is caused.
The nearby town of Hua Hin boasts a large number of Thai and foreign run restaurants and bars, catering for all tastes, as well as supermarkets, specialist shops and delicatessens, with new outlets appearing regularly, as the expatriate community grows - ensuring most commodities, foods and services are available locally. The airport is served by 3 flights daily from Bangkok, flight times (to the Suvarnabhumi International Airport) being around 40 minutes. A modern highway runs from Hua Hin to Bangkok 2 1/2 hours to the city centre.
Hua Hin is where the king of Thailand has his favourite palace and he spends the majority of his time there. Thus Hua Hin is one of the cleanest, tidiest and most orderly of Thai towns with excellent communications by air and road to Bangkok and the South.
Occupying a plot of 2 Rai (3,200m2), the property is served by an internal service road, which encircles the course, to the south and overlooks the 2nd fairway to the north. A refreshment bar is situated 200m from the rear entrance alongside the 2nd green. Currently no nearby plots have been developed and the owners enjoy being at peace with nature a wide variety of birds frequenting the surrounds. Whilst, as in any tropical environment surrounded by vegetation, there will be some undesirable creatures present, there are no problems with mosquitoes, cockroaches, termites etc, and feral dogs are removed by the management.
Entrance to the property is via an imposing wood and stainless steel remotely controlled electric sliding gate and the entire property is surrounded by a sturdy castellated perimeter wall, with wooden panels and lights around the whole perimeter.
Every mature tree that it was possible to retain during construction has remained in situ and there are more than 30 well established trees on the property. The plot occupies a raised position and drainage is excellent, with the land naturally sloping away from the house to the North and South. Most of the land has been laid to lawn, with the exception of a small kitchen garden to the West, for the new owners to develop to suit their tastes.
- Three phase mains electrical supply
- Metered municipal water supply - filtered and potable
- Three underground water storage tanks, each of 40,000 litre capacity
- Two water pumps to supply house
- Three septic tanks to treat sewerage before discharging to waste water system
- Pop-up irrigation system controlled by automatic control unit (adjustable and with humidity sensor) two ring mains, each with dedicated pump and water tank
- Sandwash finished concrete driveway, parking area, pool surround and paths
- 15m x 7m (nominal) saltwater swimming pool, overflow type, with heated spa. Incorporates full automatic controls and pumps etc in adjacent pump room. Built-in underwater lights.
The house construction was completed in early 2008, the building work being accomplished by a reputable local construction company managed by British nationals, under the supervision of the owners son. High quality components were specified throughout such that the house was built to standards far exceeding the local norm
- Substantial reinforced concrete footings to support the building, which is of a reinforced concrete beam framework with 200mm hollow block walls. All flooring is of precast reinforced concrete panels. The void beneath the house was termite treated during construction and access points abound for regular re-treatment.
- A substantial steel framework supports the pitched roof, clad with high quality tiles, which have been sprayed with rigid foam insulation material to the interior this treatment, together with the thick block walls, high ceilings and airy location, ensures a cool living environment, even without using the built-in air conditioners. Ventilation passes through the lower reaches of the roof with grids in place to prevent access by insects, birds, bats etc.
- Decorative guttering around the main house, with concealed down pipes taking rain water into the irrigation system storage tanks.
- The coolness of the house is enhanced by the provision of 2m wide covered balconies around the main house on both stories, thereby eliminating the effects of direct sunlight. The balconies feature hardwood soffits with downlights, imposing support pillars, tiled floors and, on the upper floor, a hardwood balustrade.
The house comprises two sections, the main house and the annex, connected by a covered bar/recreation area. The main house is of 2 storey construction, the annex being single storey. The total built-in area is 550m2 with an additional 450m2 of covered area such as balconies, recreation area, carport etc.
- All ceilings are of suspended panels with split level (2,800mm and 3,000mm heights)and wooden architraves, with multiple downlights for illumination
- High quality American Oak wooden flooring in all living areas, bedrooms
- Solid wood doors with top quality brass fittings the main entrance being partly glazed double doors - all doors 2,200mm high. WC & bathroom doors with louvred panels
- Kitchen and bathroom floors and walls tiled
- All WCs, basins, sinks etc high quality - supplied by American Standard, Cotto and Kohler
- Electrical circuitry of 3 wire, earthed type, in plastic conduit, with UK style 3 pin sockets. All wall switches and sockets MK brushed stainless steel type in abundant numbers (about 250 sockets in all) for convenience. Central electrical distribution panels housed together - circuit breakers for individual circuits, with ground fault circuit interrupter
- Daikin split air-conditioning units 15 units to supply every area with cool air when desired. All rooms also equipped with 3 speed high quality ceiling fans, remotely controlled.
- Extractor fans in all WCs and laundry room
- ThaiAust aluminium framed UV resistant glass windows and sliding doors, fitted with insect screens. Hardwood windowsills.
- Individual instantaneous water heaters (all oversized) for every sink and basin.
SPECIFIC AREAS MAIN HOUSE GROUND FLOOR
- 125m2 L shaped living/dining area with glazed main double doors, 4 large windows and large glass sliding doors (to pool) ensuring a light and airy environment. Brass wall lights. 2 air conditioners. Open tread solid wood staircase to upper floor - under stairs full height cupboard housing electrical control centre, satellite TV distribution board and safe.
- Wide open access from living/dining area to 65m2 fully fitted kitchen and laundry area. Beautiful deep red marble floor, walls with dark grey natural stonework or stainless steel splashbacks. Fully fitted with built-in Siemens appliances (dishwasher, multi/microwave oven, large main oven, steam oven, plate warmer, 5 panel ceramic hob, gas wok burner, deep fat fryer, cooker hood and grill). Brushed aluminium surfaces on the many floor and wall cabinets all equipped with Blûm soft closing hinges and drawer slides. Top quality Corian work surfaces with American Standard double sinks with drainers and mixer taps (3 - one each for main sink, central island and separate laundry room). Central island features food preparation area and raised breakfast bar. Large panoramic window facing main entrance gates, two smaller side windows, solid wood door to front of house. Sliding solid wood door separates main kitchen from laundry are, plumbed for washing machine
- Sliding solid wood door from living/dining area to WC with wash basin, marble work surface, large mirror with light, illuminated shaving mirror tiled floor and walls.
- Solid wood door from living/dining area to 16m2 office. Brass wall lights. One end of room fully covered with solid wood shelves and drawers/filing cupboards with H?fele soft closing drawer runners. Input from satellite dish for internet access. Two windows overlooking kitchen garden, fitted with wooden blinds.
- Solid wood door from living/dining area to 35m2 study/TV room. Brass wall lights. TV point. Two windows overlooking kitchen garden, one window facing main front gate, fitted with wooden blinds.
SPECIFIC AREAS MAIN HOUSE UPPER FLOOR
- Open tread solid wood staircase from ground floor to spacious landing on three sides, with solid wood balustrade. Access to all bedrooms from this balcony, as well as sliding door to upper balcony.
- Solid wooden door from landing to 20m2 bedroom. Built-in sold wood wardrobe unit. Two windows, one overlooking outside leisure area, one facing main front gate, with high quality curtains and concealed rails. Sliding solid wood door to ensuite with WC, screened off (tempered glass frameless door) shower area and wash basin with marble surround, large mirror with light, illuminated shaving mirror. Tiled floor and walls.
- Solid wooden door from landing to 18m2 bedroom. Built-in sold wood wardrobe unit. Two windows, one overlooking kitchen, one overlooking main front gate, with high quality curtains and concealed rails. Sliding solid wood door to ensuite with WC, screened off (tempered glass frameless door) shower area and wash basin with marble surround, large mirror with light, illuminated shaving mirror. Tiled floor and walls.
- Solid wooden door from landing to 20m2 bedroom. Built-in sold wood wardrobe unit. One window, overlooking kitchen garden, with high quality curtains and concealed rails. Sliding solid wood door to ensuite with WC, screened off (tempered glass frameless door) shower area and wash basin with marble surround, large mirror with light, illuminated shaving mirror. Tiled floor and walls.
- Solid wooden door from landing to impressive master bedroom complex, comprising
- 25m2 master lounge. Brass wall lights. TV point. Glass sliding door to upper balcony and roof garden
- Two arches from master lounge to 40m2 main bedroom. Brass wall light. Three windows overlooking upper balcony and roof garden, one window overlooking golf course, with high quality curtains and concealed rails.
- Arch from main bedroom to 20m2 dressing area. Three walls filled with solid wood built-in wardrobes with sliding solid wood doors, two having full height mirrors. Dressing table with drawers and wall lights.
- Arch from main bedroom to 10m2 passage to bathroom and WC. One window overlooking golf course, with high quality curtains and concealed rails.
- Sliding solid wood door to ensuite WC, with wash basin with marble surround, large mirror with light, illuminated shaving mirror. Tiled floor and walls.
- Sliding solid wood door to 20m2 ensuite bathroom with huge fully equipped spa bath mounted in marble surround, screened off (tempered glass frameless door) shower area with massage shower tower and separate rain shower, dual his and hers wash basins with marble surround, large mirror with light, illuminated shaving mirror. Tiled floor and walls. Two windows, one overlooking golf course, one overlooking kitchen garden, fitted with aluminium blinds.
SPECIFIC AREAS ANNEX ETC. GROUND FLOOR
- Covered tiled area from main house doors to double carport with ample exterior power points and hardwood ceiling.
- Covered tiled area from main house front doors to 120m2 covered bar/recreation area with open side to pool area, and passageway to gym, pool WC and store room
- Solid wooden door from passageway to 18m2 gym (currently used as store room can be used as 7th bedroom). Two windows, one overlooking side garden, one overlooking rear garden
- Solid wooden door from passageway to pool/bar WC with screened off (tempered glass frameless door) shower area and stone wash basin with marble surround, large mirror with light, illuminated shaving mirror. Tiled floor and walls.
- Solid wooden door from passageway to 8m2 store room. Window overlooking side garden
- Solid wooden door from side garden to 16m2 guest bedroom #1. Built-in sold wood wardrobe unit. Window overlooking side garden, with high quality curtains and concealed rails.
- Solid wooden door from side garden to 16m2 guest bedroom #2. Built-in sold wood wardrobe unit. Window overlooking side garden, with high quality curtains and concealed rails.
- Solid wood door from both bedrooms to shared ensuite with WC, shower area and wash basin with marble surround, large mirror with light. Tiled floor and walls.
- Open tread wooden staircase from ground floor to upper balcony and roof garden
SPECIFIC AREAS ANNEX ETC. UPPER FLOOR
- Access from staircase, sliding glass door from landing and sliding glass door in master lounge to upper balcony and roof garden
- 200m2 roof garden (incomplete) with balustrade surround fitted with lights
- Rooftop sala with tiled floor, tiled roof, wooden ceiling with downlights and ceiling fan
ASKING PRICE FOR THIS SUBSTANTIAL AND IMPRESSIVE DWELLING
US$1,000,000 / GB£500,000 / 650,000 (conversion rate 16 June 2008)
INCLUDING LIFE MEMBERSHIP OF SPRINGFIELD GOLF CLUB
FOR SALE BY SEPARATE NEGOTIATION
- Tumble dryer new 2006
- Siemens washing machine - new 2007
- Two refrigerators and a wine cooler
- Luxurious 12 seat aniline leather sofa/armchair set with footstools
- 5 seat leather/material sofa set with footstool
- 2100mm diameter solid teak dining table with lazy susan and 10 dining chairs
- Solid teak sideboard
- Solid teak bookcases and display units
- Four solid teak king size bed frames with offset spring mattresses (new 2008)
- One solid teak super king size bed frame with offset spring mattress (new 2008)
- 8 solid teak bedside cabinets
- 2 solid teak and rattan garden loungers
- 4 solid teak and rattan garden chairs with footstools
- High pressure misting kit for flash evaporation outside cooling system (USA)
- Top of the range Masport (New Zealand) stainless steel gas BBQ/smoker
- Wood burning pizza oven (USA) - unassembled, concrete construction
- Wood burning Brazilian style churrasca BBQ oven (USA) unassembled, concrete construction
CONTACT STEVE MELLOR BY EMAIL email@example.com or telephone +65 9670 7850 or +66 87 664 8300